Thursday, 10 September 2009

the 20's


NO ONE TOLD ME THAT MY 20'S WERE GONNA BE SO HARD!!!!!!!

Hello where were the pessimists when I needed them!!!! No one told me that my 20's were gonna be so confusing and hard also they aint getting any easier!! Please someone tell me that it gets easier!! They told me they go fast and boi are they but no one told me about this struggle I thought going to university would make it easier for me!!!!

First off trying to figure out a career path that you want to be on (I went through three years of university completed my degree and didn’t know what I wanted) it’s now been 2 years since I have graduated and I’m still confused!!! I’m working in retail as a manager (I aint no student bum) in a store where I use to work while I was at university but this really aint where I want to spent the next 40 years of my life!!! Please don’t tell me I’m the only one!!!! The careers I want to do now I can’t because I can’t afford to go back to university to do a teaching PGCE and the other is a personal trainer and you better believe I don’t have 3 grand lying round to pay for that!!!!!!!

Secondly moving out - stressful - am I the only one who knew the oldies paid for so much man I used to help round the house and we all chipped in for bills and stuff because you better believe I didn’t come from any rich family or rich area!!! This council area I grew up in and in Asian households its common for everyone to help out buy food pay bills split bills etc etc... That’s all part of growing up and that was easy man (well it was tough then) but compared to now oh my days!!!!! Trying to kit the flat out is costing a bomb and you know I aint good with my paper!!!!! Homeboi spend like there is no tomorrow!!!!! (Sorry the ghetto lingo is coming out lol)!!!

Then also the arranged marriage thing that I’m cool with had all my life to get used to the fact it was gonna happen. I’m ok with it but there is a month left and its getting scary that I’m gonna be married man!!!! Exciting too as it’s a new chapter in my life but serious man I’m gonna have a wife who I don’t really know!!!! It’s scary but I’m gonna put the effort it as it’s gonna affect a big part of my life the cultural differences and all but hey we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Then juggling all this and my social life - the bickering amongst my friends is getting annoying I cant keep on being the peacemaker I think I’m going to officially retire of that post!!!! Life to short for wars and fixing them I’m just going to enjoy my time!!!! Back to the juggling - IT’S HARD - and I’m a broke 20 something with all my student loans to pay and in a job I don’t really want to be doing!!!! Is this why older folk depressed because they got caught in the trap well u better believe I’m going to find how to free myself!!!! I will suffer hardship and focus on that future that I can see boi!!!! Aint no stopping me!!!!!!!! and more importantly anyone looking for bar staff cause my manager job don’t pay enough I am able to work two jobs did it all through university so holla at you boi lol!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment